CARL FROCH: BELLEW WILL BE DISMISSIVE OF HAYE

Ahead of the December 17 fixture for the rematch of David Haye and Tony Bellew, Carl Froch wonders if Haye made mistakes when he took on Bellew the first time.


Froch, in his post on Sky Sports, opines that Bellew will be dismissive of Haye especially after all the happenings. Additionally, Froch feels Haye underestimated his opponent the last time.

“Tony Bellew will be quietly confident but dismissive of David Haye. He won’t listen to, or take anything he says seriously.

“Haye now goes into this rematch knowing that Bellew can punch, can box, and can take his shots. He took his punishment.”

Froch thought it was a crazy idea for the fight to happen soon. There are still doubts that the Achilles injury might cause less than 100 percent fitness but Haye assures that the operation was a real success and that he was fit. Also with Cuban trainer Ismael Salas on Haye’s team, there is an expected difference.

Bernard Hopkins True Boxing Ambassador

Since Bernard’s retirement last year his fans might not see him actively in the rings anymore, but he has been active in voicing his opinion and influencing those who are current in the boxing circles.


Bernard Hopkins recently gave an interview with TBC where he stated that he had moved on from the loss he faced in December 2016 to Joe Smith Jr. this had been his last fight which might remain a difficult memory for him. He has moved on however to being a statesman as well as a businessman to boxing matters.

Hopkins had tied up with Oscar De La Hoya back in September 2004, interestingly after both were in a match. That partnership led to both of them working at Golden Boy Promotions.

HOPKINS: TV RATINGS BREED SMITH REMATCH TALK

Reflecting on Bernard Hopkins’ decision to fight one last time, one would conclude that it’s a bad one as the 51-year-old retired from the sport on his back and literally six feet below his opponent on the arena floor.


‘The Executioner’ as mostly called turned out to be unable to obtain one last victory as Joe Smith Jr. trapped him on the ropes with no chance of escape and blasted him out of the ring.

Talk of being pushed out and that of foot injury were not really taken seriously by anyone after the bout, but Hopkins will have to deal with the fact he career ended in a cruel way.

“I was throwing the right hand and a combination and then using the rope as an offensive as I frequently do, and making a mess,” said Bernard Hopkins after the fight.

Bellator’s Shlemenko Suspended For Failed Drug Test

The embarrassing saga of failed drug checks continues in MMA.

As per the reports, the latest fighter to come up with failed test is Alexander Shlemenko, the erstwhile middleweight champ from Bellator. He has been suspended after he could not clear post-fight drug screen given his piqued testosterone levels. The drug test was taken post Alexander’s knockout victory over Manhoef (Melvin). The match took place on 13th of February at Fresno, California. Bellator officials have already confirmed about the suspension of  Shlemenko.

The fighter has received suspension for an indefinite time period & has been fined 2,500 USD by CSAC (California State Athletic Commission). Andy Foster, the CEO for CSAC has confirmed the news to the media. Shlemenko’s victory over Melvin has been tagged as “no contest”.

“We’re thoroughly disappointed to learn about Alexander’s drug test”, stated Scott Coker, the president of Bellator MMA.

“As I have stated earlier, PEDs do not have any place here in our sport. Bellator is in full support of CSAC and their decision to enforce tough penalties in order to deter wrestlers from taking to banned substances.”